Isles of Capri, Florida
Welcome to Isles of Capri Florida
Isles of Capri is about 2 miles north of Marco's bridge on State Road 951. It offers the opportunity for visitors to kick back and enjoy a slower pace. It's what developer Leland L. (Doc) Loach would have wanted.
Loach was the guiding force behind the development of the Isles of Capri when he purchased the four mangrove islands, totaling 600 acres, in 1955.
The Dunlop, Tennessee-born Loach had dreams of creating a hideaway fishing retreat. He commenced dredging canals, built a water processing plant, and a road which connected his pride and joy to the mainland. Today, surrounded by water, families live in modest home on quiet streets.