Marco Island History
Provided by: The Marco Island Area Chamber of Commerce
from their book MARCO ISLAND, Culture & History
Captain Bill Collier, second from the left, proudly stands on the porch of his Marco Hotel - present-day Olde Marco Inn -- around 1900.
The hotel was fully operational in 1896 with 20 sleeping rooms, a parlor, dining room and two-story outhouse.
J. H. Doxsee